Saturday, August 16, 2014

Miss srilanka 2014 Chulakshi Ranathunga Interview with personal info

Meet Chulakshi, First Runner-up of the recently concluded Miss Sri Lanka for Miss World pageant. Chulakshi has been a professional model for some time now. With the title at the recent pageant, she seems to be busier in her chosen field of work.
Full Name       -Chulakshi Saubhagya Ranathunga
Nickname       -Max
Education       -Maliyadeva Girls College, Kurunegala
Life’s motto    -Be simple in life
Skin colour     -Fair
Eye colour      -Dark brown
Hair colour     - Brown
Waist             -27
Bust               -32
Height            -5’8
What do you think was your losing point in the competition?
So many people ask me this question. I don’t think I went wrong in any areas. Or in other words, I didn’t do anything to lose a point in being the winner. I was very confident throughout the competition. Every part of the pageant was faced with lots of dedication . Mentally I was very positive. Since I don’t have anything to declare, I guess it was all about luck.

When someone says “how come you didn’t win?” or “you should have won”, what do you say to them?
I always smile at the people who ask me this. Then I tell them “people have different choices”. 

Is your height a plus point in your career?
Yes. It’s helped me in fashion modelling a lot.

What did you feel when you were announced as First Runner-up?
As I said in the beginning, I was a very confident contestant. I made it a point that I did everything perfectly. I had a strong heart right throughout the pageant. So I was very sad, I don’t want to recall that moment.

What did you gain from taking part in the contest?
The time we spent at the pageant was invaluable. We made lots of contacts, gained lots of experience. I specially have to mention the training we got during the pageant. It was very informative and interesting. It helped build up my confidence as a woman.

Will you try your luck next year with another international level pageant?
It is too early to say anything. Right now, I have no idea as yet. I will let time decide that.
I know that so many good looking girls in Sri Lanka are reluctant to take part in these competitions fearing overnight stays during pageants, or having to parade in swimsuits etc. What’s your view about this?
The society we live in now is very modern and they think differently. Your statement reflects old fashioned thinking. But there is a part of the society that still thinks that way and it’s a definite loss for them. The new society thinks in a different way. And even though we adorn swimsuits it’s done in a very decent and professional way. Personally I don’t see anything wrong in it. It’s about measuring your confidence and judging your figure. This time the finale does not have a swimming suit parade but in Sri Lanka we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment